The YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone who enters our doors. With the growing concerns about the potential spread of COVID-19, and in an effort to keep you and your family healthy and prevent the spread of germs, we are sharing some important information.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid contact with those who show signs of illness
- Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces
- Cover your sneeze and cough with a tissue
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available
- If you, or anyone in your household, has taken a cruise or traveled to a country currently deemed as a high-risk for transmission area by the CDC, you are to stay home and wait to visit the YMCA or attend a YMCA program until after the 14-day quarantine period.
AT THE Y, WE ASK YOU TO:
- Keep you and/or your child home when sick
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Wipe down fitness equipment before and after use
- Use hand sanitizer, located throughout the building, after touching frequently used items
- Use and dispose of tissues, located throughout the building, as needed
- Shower before using the pool
WHAT THE Y WILL DO:
- Schedule frequent cleaning of all high-touch areas in our facilities
- Ensure YMCA staff are diligent in cleaning all areas used by children
- Provide hand sanitizer and hand wipes to members and staff
- Encourage frequent hand cleaning and sanitization
- Educate staff and members with facts about the flu and other viruses
- Monitor the health and well-being of staff, members and children
While no one can predict with certainty whether the United States will be severely impacted by COVID-19, we are monitoring the situation and preparing for the possibility that our daily program and work routines could be temporarily impacted if the situation significantly worsens. We will keep all members and participants updated with information as it develops.
We thank you for your cooperation in keeping our community safe. Please contact your local branch membership staff with questions.
UPDATED: March 13, 2020