RELAY FOR THE Y:
Anyone regardless of running prowess can run for the Y. From the full marathon to half, relay to 5K, every year we have participants from every level competing and succeeding! This year the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh is dedicated to helping you feel your best and succeed in ways you never thought possible. That is why we are encouraging you to join a YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh Relay team at your local branch, or submit your own relay team. to run for the Y.
A relay team is a great way to experience the 2019 Pittsburgh Marathon in a supportive group setting to help you succeed, as most relay legs run 4-7 miles. By joining a YMCA Relay Team you will receive proper training from couch to 5K running groups, fundraising help, and everything you will need to complete your campaign!
THE YMCA OF GREATER PITTSBURGH PROVIDES PROGRAMS TO PROMOTE YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.
Today, the Y engages more than 10,000 neighborhoods across the U.S. As the nation’s leading nonprofit committed tohelping people and communities to learn, grow and thrive, our contributions are both far-reaching and intimate—from influencing our nation’s culture during times of profound social change to the individual support we provide an adult learning to read.Supporting and serving our neighbors, the Y ensures that everyone has the opportunity to become healthier, more confident, connected and secure.
- Event Registration Fees paid by the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh
- Team YMCA moisture-wicking shirt
- Full, Half or 5K Marathon Training programs included
Runners will also receive:
Running workshops including:
- What to Expect, How to Recover, How to Stay Healthy
- Course Management and More
- Fundraising Assistance Manual
- $500 for Marathon participants
- $350 for Half Marathon participants
- $250 per Relay participant
- $200 for 5K participants
- $100 for Kids Marathon participants
OUR CAUSE DEFINES US
We know that lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. That’s why, at the Y, strengthening community is our cause. Every day, we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
OUR STRENGTH IS IN COMMUNITY
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods across the nation, we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver, positive change.
- The Y is community centered. For nearly 160 years, we’ve been listening and responding to our communities.
- The Y brings people together. We connect people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- The Y nurtures potential. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- The Y has local presence and global reach. We mobilize local communities to effect lasting, meaningful change.
OUR IMPACT IS FELT EVERY DAY
With a mission to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all, our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.Learn more about how the YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh is positively impacting your community at ymcapgh.org/impact